Per City of Safford Resolution 19-013, adopted by Safford City Council on May 13, 2019 the following fees are eligible for waiver effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020:
- New Home Construction Building Permit fees
- Water Capacity fees (reimbursed to the purchaser of the home)
- Water Meter fees (reimbursed to the purchaser of the home)
Qualifications for New Home Construction:
- Work authorized by that building permit shall commence within ninety (90) days after permit issuance. Required inspections shall occur before the expiration of each ninety (90) day time period. If the work authorized by that building permit is not commenced or has been suspended for a period exceeding 90 days, the building permit will be revoked.
- Home must be completed within one year of the permit being issued.
- Home must be built within the city or newly annexed areas of the city.
- All public infrastructure to service the new home must be in place or be built in conjunction with the home.
For more information, contact 928-432-4140.