Business Licensing


Are you operating a business within the City of Safford city limits? Then you are in need of a City of Safford Business License--You are in the right spot!

Read below to see which type of license you will need to obtain and then click on the license type to the right of your screen to obtain the application and more information relating to the license. 

Regular Business License:

Regular Business Licenses are valid for one year from date issued. (ex: July 1, 2022 thru June 30, 2023) and will need to be renewed annually. Renewal notices will be mailed, therefore any changes to your business name, address, phone number, etc. should be reported to our office.

Cost: Regular Business License cost $50 per year.

Click Here  to apply for a Regular Business License.

Short Term Rentals Information

Click Here for information.

Temporary Business License

Temporary Business Licenses are valid for a fifteen (15) day period from the date of purchase and will need to be renewed by the owner at the intervals the business is operated.

Cost: Temporary Business License cost $12 for a (15) day period 

Click Here  to apply for a Temporary Business License.

Business License Renewals

Business License Renewals will be mailed out on the 1st of the month and must be paid by the 15th of the following month license expires to avoid a late penalty. 
If you have not received your license renewal application, please contact the Clerk's Office. 


  • Businesses handling alcohol will need to obtain a Liquor License from the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control prior to the opening of business.
  • If you plan to sell a product or engage in a service subject to transaction privilege tax, you will need to obtain the State Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) license from the Arizona Department of Revenue prior to obtaining a City of Safford Business License.
  • If you are handling food, a fire code inspection must be completed and mobile food vendors will need to obtain a permit. Please contact the Planning & Community Development Department located at the City Annex, 808 8th Avenue in Safford or at (928)432-4140 for any questions. Any business handling food must also contact the Graham County Health Department at 928-428-1962 
  • If you will be handing out flyers to advertise for your business or an event, a handbill permit is required. Handbill permits are $20 and are valid for 14 days from the date of purchase.

For additional information about starting, operating and growing a business, visit the Arizona Commerce Authority website at Their free online Checklist Program is designed to help you easily navigate information on what you need to know, who you need to contact and where you need to go to license your business in Arizona. It also includes contact information to statewide resources and assistance to accelerate your business growth.