The City of Safford’s Electric Department provides safe and reliable power to approximately 4,692 residential and commercial customers.
The electric crew consists of seven employees that are responsible for the maintenance, repair, and construction of the system.
Fun system facts:
- 61 miles of overhead primary
- 17 miles of underground primary
- 3,040 power poles
Electric emergencies may include:
- Lines down
- Transformers sparking or smoking
- Exposed underground wires
If you do not have power, check the following:
- Make sure your bill is current (to pay your bill contact Citizen Services at (928) 432-4060, visit their office at City Hall, 717 West Main Street, or visit their website.
- Check all of the breakers. If all of the breakers are on, please call us at (928) 432-4200.
- If you live in an apartment, check the main breaker outside. If the main breaker is on, contact your apartment office.
Report power outages to (928) 432-4200.
For electric emergencies, call (928) 432-4200 or 911 if there are injuries, or if there is the potential for an injury.
Net Metering Policy
The City of Safford adopted a Net Metering Policy in March of 2018. This policy allows our Customers to establish participation in a renewable energy option. Please click here to view the policy. The printable application is also available for your convenience. Application & Grid Interconnect Form
Customers must be pre-approved for enrollment in the program by submitting plans, providing equipment specifications and proposed coordination with the City's Electric Division. Applications/Documents must be sent to BOTH Dan Braatz & Josh Nichols.
Dan Braatz email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Nichols email: email@example.com