March 20, 2023
808 S 7th Ave
Safford, AZ 85546
P&Z Commission Meeting
Monday, March 20, 2023
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MEETING
LIBRARY PROGRAM ROOM
808 S 7th AVENUE, SAFFORD, ARIZONA
Monday, March 20, 2023, 5:30 PM
To Watch or Listen Live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Owo9-wrpmi6JIIoZpEfxg
A G E N D A
1. WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER: (Reminder: Please turn off cell phones)
2. ROLL CALL:
3. PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA: The Safford Planning and Zoning Commission values citizen comments and input. If you wish to speak on a matter that is not on the printed agenda, please complete a “Request to Address the Commission Non-Agenda Item” form and present it to the Assistant prior to or during the meeting. The Chairperson will call your name when the citizen comments portion of the agenda is reached. Because these matters are not listed on the posted agenda, the Commission may not act on the information during the meeting but may refer the matter to the Planning and Community Development Director for follow-up. Please limit your comments to 3 minutes. (A.R.S. Section 38-431-01).
4. MINUTES: Review and approve minutes of the January 17, 2023, Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting. DISCUSSION/ACTION
5. STAFF PRESENTATION: The Planning & Community Development Department is in receipt of a rezone application request, Z-23-06, from Chris Gibbs for Graham County Parcel # 101-07-092. The rezone is from R-2 Multiple Family Residential and C-2 Highway Commercial to only C-2 Highway Commercial District. INFORMATION
6. PUBLIC HEARING: The Chairperson will close the regular meeting and open the Public Hearing. Pursuant to Section 17.20.050 of the City of Safford Municipal Code and Arizona Revised Statutes § 431.01, the Planning and Zoning Commission will conduct a public hearing for the purpose of taking public comments relating to the rezone request. DISCUSSION
6.1 PUBLIC COMMENTS: Comments will be accepted at this time.
6.2 CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING: The Commission will close the public hearing and enter into regular session. ACTION
7. REZONE DISCUSSION AND ACTION BY THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION: The Planning and Zoning Commission will review rezone request #Z-23-06 and make a recommendation to the City Council. INFORMATION/DISCUSSION/ACTION
8. WORK SESSION: Training information from the Arizona Chapter of the American Planning Association will be presented by staff and discussed. DISCUSSION/INFORMATION
9. PROJECT UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
10. NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING: May 15, 2023
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statues §38-431.03(A)(3) the Commission may enter Executive Session for legal advice on any agenda item.
THE COMMISSION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION UPON ANY ITEM ON THE AGENDA.
Note: Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), persons with a disability may request reasonable accommodations by contacting City Hall at (928) 432-4000, or the City Hall Annex at (928) 432-4140, forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting.
A copy of agenda background material provided to Commission Members, with the exception of material relating to possible executive sessions, is available for public inspection at the City Clerk’s Office, 717 Main Street, or at the City Hall Annex, 808 8th Avenue, Safford, Arizona, Monday thru Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.