ResponsibilitiesThe mission of the Finance Department is to safeguard the city’s assets and ensure the credibility of the financial information generated and reported. A focus is placed on internal controls, accountability, accuracy and transparency of financial transactions and documentation while complying with local, state, and federal regulations.
Services provided by the Finance Department include:
- Ensure that payroll practices, reporting requirements and record-retention are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage payments to employees in a timely, accurate manner following approved payroll procedures.
- Prepare and issue payroll reports and W-2s and payment of payroll taxes and payables in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the city’s purchasing policy, the conditions of vendor invoices and contractual agreements, and applicable state, and federal purchasing requirements.
- Follow city, state, and federal record-retention guidelines.
- Work with staff and outside vendors to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments.
- The City of Safford offers ACH payments to our vendors. See below for W9 and ACH form. W9 and ACH forms can be emailed to Lisa Suter or faxed to (928)348-3114 .
ACH Vendor Forms